Sequels!

As much as I love a new unique game, here are some sequels I can't wait to get my hands on:

New Fire Emblem! To be announced in April, I hope the game sold well enough in the US to make localizing the game worth the money. I'm still playing my favorite game of 2003 and I'm looking forward to the next adventure.

Viewtiful Joe 2?! This is only a rumor, but I'm more surprised than I should be about Capcom developing a sequel. I consider Viewtiful Joe to be a masterpiece, and unfortunately, it has sold like one. Almost all my favorite recent games (Ico, Beyond Good & Evil, Rez, Frequency, Amplitude, Fire Emblem, etc) have not found a large enough audience to be profitable. In that regard, I'm very excited that one of the best games of last year has been given another chance to find its home in the heart of mainstream gaming, or at least a larger audience than the first. On the other hand, who am I kidding? This is Crapcom, the masters of destroying the memories of their beautiful unique creations with thousands of uninspired sequels. They've released a "new" MegaMan game every hundred days for the last 15 years. Don't make me bring up Street Fighter either. Yeah.

Mario and Donkey Kong. This looks to be a remix of one of my favorite original GameBoy games, Donkey Kong. Not that Donkey Kong Country crap or Nintendo's first successful arcade game, but an original platforming/puzzle game designed and produced by Mr. Miyamoto himself. Whether this new entry will live up to its predecessor is to be seen. I don't like the new look that apes (haha) Donkey Kong Country/Yoshi's Story-style shiny 3D rendered as 2D. Only more blurry. Much more blurry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm doing. . . pretty good?!

Radioactive Garbage Time

I AM (getting pretty close to) IRON MAN