Really late 2005 game thoughts

I was going to write a reasonably big 2005 wrap-up post, but being mid-Feburary I don't see the point. I did write a couple of short reviews and I'd hate to see them go to waste. So here we go!


Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney ds

Who said adventure games are dead? There's not much game there really - Capcom avoids the dreaded adventure game "getting stuck" by making a linear path with limited choices. The amusement comes from great characters and dead-on comic timing. It's 3/4ths Matlock with 1/4th of wacky Dragonball Z thrown in. Don't expect to learn anything about law, but you're sure to laugh and have a good time.


Yoshi's Touch & Go ds

Maligned as a throw-away tech demo, YT&G is the most refined touch-screen arcade game I've played. There's none of the structure, the bosses, the fire/ice/jungle levels that players tend to expect of platformers, but there's a surprising richness to the game in balancing the needs of clearing the Yoshi's path, collecting ammunition, and drawing lines about him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm doing. . . pretty good?!

I AM (getting pretty close to) IRON MAN

Radioactive Garbage Time