The Mixtape of My Life

I like thinking about the golden disk that was sent along with Voyager I. I loved that Carl Sagan and others thought: "How can we express all of humanity to an alien life with a record?"

Given my situation, I thought it would be good for myself to make the music that I can't imagine my life happening without. I gave myself 72 minutes and it's tough to build a playlist that says everything that you want to say. (72 minutes is the length of a CD. They were how people like me bought music when you could still buy music.)

So here's what I got:

 

The playlist is designed to be played in order. I will be futzing with it so the tracks and their order may change.

As I shared this with you, I would love to hear other people's playlists. I certainly can't expect "this is my whole life" playlist, but it would mean a lot to me, especially with my upcoming incarceration, to hear what music you're listening to right now or things that you adore or whatever. As long as you're telling me something about yourself, I would love to hear it.

Thanks and be well.

Comments

Ed said…
Love these selections.

Here would be some of mine:

Pink Floyd -Comfortably Numb

Pearl Jam - Oceans

Matthew Good Band - Strange Days

Matthew Good - Weapon

Matthew Good - In a World Called Catastrophe

Metric - Risk

Broken Social Scene - Hug of Thunder

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head

Tool - Schism

Tears for Fears- Good Night Song

Simon and Garfunkel -Sound of Silence

Blue Rodeo - 5 Days in May

Don Henley - Heart of the Matter

Rush - Tom Sawyer (live version)

Those are the ones off the top of my head.

Love,

Edward Yang
Dan said…
Hey Scott! What a great playlist. My daughter Eleanor Rose was just born this past Friday, the same day that Brandi Carlile’s new album “In These Silent Days” was released, so while it’s an album and not a playlist, that’s what is on repeat for me. Miss you and we all send all our love! - Dan Zimmerman

Popular posts from this blog

I'm doing. . . pretty good?!

Radioactive Garbage Time

I AM (getting pretty close to) IRON MAN